Sunday, 19 October, 2014
Welcome Drinks Reception
- Attendees are invited for drinks and networking with colleagues, speakers and Cell Press editors at our welcome reception on Sunday, 19 October (also incorporating the poster session). The reception will take place in the Claremont Ballroom at the Claremont Hotel (the conference hotel).
Monday, 20 October, 2014
Q & A session with Cell Press Editors
- Build your network and interact with our Cell Press editors at this Q & A session, a great opportunity to ask them their tips for publishing at Cell Press and learn what’s new in the world of scientific publishing.
- Over the course of your scientific career, networking will be the one of the most effective methods of advancing your career. Engage in networking with the speakers and potential future collaborators at our ‘Meet the Speakers’ Dinner.
- The venue for the 'Meet the Speakers' dinner is Scott’s Restaurant. For more than 30 years, Scott’s Restaurant has been the standard by which fresh seafood, professional services and commitment to quality have been known in the East Bay. Originally opened as a traditional seafood restaurant in San Francisco, Scott’s has continued to serve its guests in Oakland. Located in the heart of Jack London Square, Scott’s serves only the finest freshly prepared cuisine, with a professional, courteous staff ready to make your dining experience a memorable occasion.
- Tickets to the dinner cost $50.00 USD (when purchased in advance) and include coach transfers, a 3 course meal and wine.
- Want to continue your conversations and networking in a casual atmosphere after the Meet the Speakers dinner? All delegates are welcomed to informally gather at the Paragon Bar located at the Claremont Hotel (the conference hotel) around 10:00pm directly following the ‘Meet the Speakers Dinner’ (tickets not required, all delegates invited).